Motorcyclists are vulnerable on Texas roadways. Motorcycle accident injuries are almost always serious. In the aftermath, getting needed medical care is a top priority, but talking with an attorney is critical to the success of any motorcycle personal injury or property damage case.
The cause of your accident may seem obvious, and insurance companies will do their best to convince you and others that your motorcycle injury was your fault. But a thorough investigation may reveal that a negligent driver, unsafe roadways or even a defective part was really to blame for a motorcycle crash.
I will investigate to find the real reason for your accident and get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Like other motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents might be caused by a number of factors. Motorists failing to yield the right of way, running stop signs and stoplights, or otherwise driving recklessly may make them liable for your accident.
Texas law states that if another motorist causes you harm as a result of negligent acts, they should be held accountable for the consequences.
Likewise, if unsafe road conditions caused your motorcycle accident, or if your bike failed in some way, the liable parties need to accept responsibility, as well.
A strong motorcycle case begins with a strong investigation conducted by an accident attorney that knows the ins and outs of these types of cases. Keith Miller consults with medical professionals and transportation and safety experts to find out what really happened the day you were injured. Additionally, as a former insurance claims adjuster, Keith Miller knows what to expect from insurance companies during a motorcycle injury case.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, act quickly. Contact Keith Miller today.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
The State of Texas presumes that motorcycle wrecks are the fault of the rider. Follow these steps to strengthen your case:
- Contact your motorcycle accident attorney so they can get to the scene and document it.
- Never leave the scene. Call 911, even if there are no apparent injuries.
- Get contact and insurance information from every person involved in the accident.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel fine. Motorcycle accidents are serious and you should make certain you aren’t injured.
- Don’t answer insurance adjuster questions. Direct them to your motorcycle accident attorney.
- Don’t rush to get your bike fixed. Make sure all damage is properly documented by your motorcycle accident attorney.
PROPERTY DAMAGE NEGOTIATION
In any type of car wreck, 18-wheeler accident or motorcycle crash there is usually property damage. For one-car families, or for those that depend on their vehicles to earn a living, this is a real hardship. It costs money to repair damaged cars, but you also lose money if you’re unable to get to and from work.
Keith Miller has handled property damage cases for over 25 years. examine each case to understand the extent of property damage and then fight to secure compensation for our clients.
If you’ve been involved in an accident with property damage, contact Keith Miller today.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Take photos of your vehicle’s damage and of the other vehicle(s) involved.
- Contact your attorney.
- Don’t sign anything from an insurance company without your lawyer’s review.
- Don’t drag your feet! Texas has a two year statute of limitations on property damage claims.